New! - HL7 Spy v3.1 has been released and is now available for download - try it now for free!
(Right-Click after downloading and "Unblock" to view)
- Improvement – New and improved Field/Component/Sub Component Statistics Feature.
- Very fast navigation of messages with matching fields.
- Ability to select multiple items in the Statistics Grid, and navigate to matching messages. For example, below selecting ‘O’ and ‘OP’ in the Statistics Grid and then clicking the Next/Previous Arrow buttons navigates to messages in the tab that have either a PV1-2 field equal to ‘O’ or ‘P’.
- Ability to select multiple items in the Statistics Grid and have messages meeting the criteria placed into separate tabs. For example, clicking the “All” button in the case below would create 2 tabs: one with messages where PV1-2 = ‘O’ and the other where PV1-2 = ‘OP’. Holding the Control Key down and clicking the “All” button will place messages with either PV1-2=’O’, or PV1-2=’OP’ into a single tab. – Requested by Cleveland Clinic
- Improvement – Added option to increase log verbosity.
- Bug Fix – Don’t launch HL7Spy from installer when in silent mode
- Bug Fix – Fix case sensitivity issue with most recently used file list
- Bug Fix – Progress bar not showing when downloading files in file explorer if the system has been running for a long time. Environment.TickCount returns a negative value.
- Bug Fix: HL7DocumentationProviderFactory.GetOrCreateProvider Illegal characters in path exception.
- Bug Fix: Field Statistics Performance issue introduced in v2.1.167
- Improvement – Install Enterprise licenses using arguments on the installer. See: Automating HL7Spy’s Installation
- Improvement – Additional Command Line Options Added. See: Command Line Options
- Improvement – Custom Code: HL7Message class ToString() performance improvements
- Improvement – Add native Oracle driver ODP.NET
- Bug Fix – Fix issue with installing HL7Spy on Windows XP
- Bug Fix – Fix sending command line arguments between instances of HL7Spy
- Bug Fix -Fix issue where installing the licensee and license key via the command line fails. Reported by Michael S. from Cleveland Clinic
- Bug Fix – Fix Unhandled Exception Error
- Bug Fix – Segment Editor Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: capacity was less than the current size. Reported by Biju K.
- Bug Fix – Make the email verification dialog case insensitive. Reported by Michael S. from Cleveland Clinic
- Bug Fix – Remove registry key when uninstalling
- Bug Fix – Improve error detection of an invalid HL7Path
- Improvement – A Cloverleaf New Line message framing option. Requested by Ron B.
- Improvement – Allow enterprise licenses to be registered using the command-line
- Improvement – Use Code Sign to sign the installer to avoid warnings during install
- Improvement – Update to latest MySql and Postgres client library
- Bug Fix – Custom Code – Setting a Field/Component/Subcomponent to null should leave the existing value untouched.
- Bug Fix – HL7 Editor – NRE and duplicate settings key error.
- Bug Fix – HL7 Editor – issue where no tool tips are provided for pasted in messages
- New Feature – Mask Protected Health Information (PHI)
, or Control-M – Turn on/off whether or not the fields specified in “Options/Mask PHI Fields Settings…” are used to hide fields within the HL7 Editor.
“Fields to Mask” – Identify specific fields that will be masked in the HL7 message.
“Fields to NOT Mask” – All fields in the HL7 segment that are not identified here will be masked
“Fields to Mask” – Fields identified here will have PHI found in the “Fields to Mask” and “Fields to NOT Mask” sections masked.
“Mask Character” – Specify the character that will be used to “mask” the PHI.
- Improvement – SqlLoader – Added support for Oracle 8 using Oracle’s managed library
- Improvement – HL7 Listener – Added support for starting the HL7 MLLP Listener from the command line: -mllp port (e.g. -mllp 12000 will start the listener on port 12000. Requested by Nick.
- Improvement – Licensing – Added the ability to install Enterprise Licenses from the command line. Useful for IT departments that wish to deploy HL7Spy using active directory, or other enterprise software deployment software.
- Improvement – HL7Spy Application – improved HL7Spy start-up time. HL7 Standard data structures are now loaded in the back-ground as needed instead of loading them all up at start-up time.
- Improvement- Added support for LZW compressed files. Requested by Jonathan H.
- Bug – Fixed issue where no tool tips are provided for pasted in messages.
- Bug – Fixed NullReferenceException when accessing HL7 Standard information under some situations.
- Bug – Fixed issue where pasted in messages are not handled correctly. Reported by Adam F.
- Bug – Message Editor – Backslashes, ‘\’, are being automatically removed when a message is cut/pasted into HL7Spy. Reported by Adam F.
- Bug – HL7 SQL – Show/Hide Path descriptions not working properly. Reported by Barry V.
- Bug – HL7 SQL – TS values are not being interpreted into Date/Time values properly. Reported by Barry V.
- Improvement – Support for HL7 2.7 messages with the Truncation character ‘#’ included in the encoding characters. Requested by Jose S.
- Improvement – Option to control Message detection algorithm. The new option is found under: Option/File Settings/Use Strict Message Detection. When enabled, ‘Strict’ mode provides a more accurate message detection algorithm in some rare cases, however; all messages have to have the same message encoding, and framing. This option is disabled by default.
- Bug – Invalid HL7 message causes segment editor to display a big X. Segment editor never recovers from this
- Bug – Fix flickering issue in the FTP Explorer
- Bug – Fix copy to clipboard issues in the HL7 SQL tool
- Bug – Message Compare – Drag/Drop from editor to Compare Window does not work properly
- Bug – AppDomain Unhandled Exception caught System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
- Bug – Add the Postgres database provider to the HL7Spy installer
- Bug – Sql Loader: Fix issue with Database Connection Settings not saving properly
- Bug – Custom Code Tool: Segments.Append(“ZZ1”) does not function properly
- Bug – Improve copy/paste message in Editor. Reported by Paul C.
- Bug – Fix issues with the display of segments with errors in the Editor
- Bug – HL7 SQL/SQL Loader: Distinct Button disappearing when multiple query result tabs displayed. Reported by Albert E.
- Bug – HL7 SQL Tool: LEFT/RIGHT functions in the Expression language not implemented properly
- New – Bulk Message Compare Tool – Useful when migrating between HL7 Integration Engines
- Compare messages across 2 different message streams
- Single step through messages with the same correlation key (MSH-10 by default)
- Ignore specific Segment, Fields, Components, and Subcomponents in the comparison
- Generate a report summarizing the differences between 2 message streams
- New – Prompt for a password when opening encrypted Zip files
- Improvement – Add option to link scrollbars in the Compare tool – requested by Albert E., Cleveland Clinic
- Improvement – Add support for .NET 4.5.2 high resolution monitor improvements
- Improvement – Do not adorn the message in the editor with highlighting if it is larger than 5MB to improve render performance of large messages.
- Improvement – Add region markers around historical queries in SqlLoader, and HL7 SQL – requested by Albert E., Cleveland Clinic
- Improvement- Ctrl-F in code editor switches the UI to the Segment Editor tool. We would prefer searching in the code editor. – requested by Ankie B., Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen
- Improvement- Add additional Assert methods to Asserts class. – requested by Ankie B., Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen
- Bug- Remove annoying beep when enter is pressed in the message index textbox
- Bug- Proper version of the HL7 Standard not always honored when selected from the toolstrip.
- Bug – HL7 SQL does not interpret some date/times unless the path is fully qualified. – requested by Saravana K., Medicity
- Bug- Change “Mother’S Maiden Name” to “Mother’s Maiden Name” – reported by Albert E., Cleveland Clinic
- Bug – Database Connector form – Timeout is always greyed out for a particular user. – reported by Mike T, Cleveland Clinic
- Bug – Bug: MSH-2 Encoding characters, in the statistics tool the example value shows “^~\&” and the Len value is 4. When you select the component statistics from this field the “&” is missing and the Len value is 3. – reported by Ankie B., Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen
- Bug – Copy All in Sql Loader and HL7 SQL only copies the selected row instead of all rows – reported by Albert E., Cleveland Clinic
- Bug – Fix issue where hitting the escape key when being prompted about deleting a custom function still deletes the function.
- Bug – Custom Code Tool: Add References Dialog not working properly
- Bug – Custom Code Tool: Intellisense not working properly for some classes.
– New Dialog for importing referenced assemblies
– Reference custom, or .NET framework assemblies
– Assembly information displayed on right
– Search/Filter assemblies
– Imported assemblies are now moved into the proper folder (c:\Program Data\Plugin) automatically.
- Improvement – Custom Code: Add support for virtual void RunOnce and virtual void OnError
- Improvement – Custom Code: Add support for modifying the text, and visibility of the Run/RunOnce/Previous/Next buttons are displayed (OnUserInterfaceSetup).
- Improvement – Custom Code: Expose the MessageCollection object in the Custom Code function
- Improvement – HL7 Statistics: Distinquish between NULL and Segment Not Present in HL7 Statistics.
- Improvement – HL7 Statistics: Find Next/Previous Missing Segment
- Improvement – Support for opening remote gzip, bzip, and zip files via FTP
- Improvement – HL7 Send: Replace X with Recycle bin icon, and add a deletion confirmation dialog to prevent accidental deletion of destination – Requested by Albert E.
- Improvement – HL7 Query: Present the “Data Type” that is in the “Description column” to present in a separate column … or have an option to “suppress it” – Requested by Albert E.
- Improvement – HL7 Compare: Highlight the first time the sequence in the message changes – Requested by Albert E.
- Bug – HL7Parser: Application Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
- Bug – Editor: Fix the issue with saving the ShowKeyboardTooltips option – Reported by Albert E.
- Bug – Sql Loader: Fix issue where the number of messages in the results window is different than the number of messages in the report grid
- Bug – Sql Loader, HL7 Query: Fix StackOverFlowException in the bowels of System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.DataGridViewCellAccessibleObject.GetAccessibleObjectBounds
- Improvement – Various UI improvements to support 200%+ resolution modes in Windows 7/8
- Improvement – Better positioning of Search Dialog (Cntr-F). It will now track the location of the main application window.
- Improvement – Add support for 4 character Z-Segment names. Yes, its not valid HL7 but we have customers using them. Why, I don’t know.
- Improvement – Shrink the name of the file path when it gets longer then 150 characters
- Improvement – Send HL7 View – Improve the layout, move some configurations to the configuration dialog to free up space, minor bug fixes.
- Improvement – Update internal libraries used by HL7Spy to latest version
- Improvement – Fix scaling of side toolbar in Compare tool on high res displays
- Improvement – Add bz2 and gz in the Open File Dialog. Requested by Albert E.
- Improvement – Add support for querying the HL7 Standard by data type
- Bug – Fix add folder when right-clicking in the FTP Explorer
- Bug – FTP Explorer – Make sure the MessabeBoxEx owner is a window that is visible otherwise the message being displayed is hidden.
- Bug – Fix NullReferenceException in FTP Explorer
- Bug – Fix OutOfRangeException in MessageCollection.GetRange
- Bug – Fix selection mechanism so drag-selection works within the HL7 Editor
- Bug – Fix issue with DISTINCT drop-down double spacing found by Albert E.
- Bug – Fix Directory being created by the Custom Code Tool every time HL7Spy is started.
- Bug – Fix Status is being inadvertently modified which results in Sorting… being displayed always.